Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Git Along Little Doggies

"Imagine if you can, a weathered old cowboy on the Western Trail around 1880, driving a herd of Texas longhorns to Dodge City, Kan. His Stetson is pulled low over his eyes and his wet bandana is tied tight over his mouth and nose to keep out the swirling dust kicked up by the cattle..." ElderBob, on the Trail

I have found a great new blog, written by Robert "ElderBob" Brannan, a professional "elder coach" and a blogging participant of a unique adventure, "Celebrate the Western Trail". The Bandera Regional Comm-unity Foundation, who sponsors the On The Trail Blog, is one of the educational components of Celebrate the Western Trail. The foundation organized the Friends of the Western Trail in 2003, whose purpose is to support the trail ride, and to preserve the history and heritage of the American West. The trail ride will leave Bandera, Texas on Sept. 6, Labor Day, and follow the Western Trail to Dodge City, Kansas.

Access this great blog here, or find it under The Herd as "On the Trail".

ElderBob also celebrates aging, something Miss Ronni will approve of!

2 comments:

Mick said...

Pattie, how do you ever find these great blogs!

I spent a year in Kansas when I was in the Army, and I remember some of those areas. Beautiful wastelands, most of them. Quite amazing to cityfolk like me!

Kimberly said...

What a great blog! Since I was a little girl, watching the trail riders coming into Houston before the Livestock Show and Rodeo, I've wanted to go on a trail ride. Several weeks on a horse every day always sounded like heaven to me.