Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Meet The New Neighbors

Our neighborhood is an older "genteel" area, most of the ranch-style houses were built in the late 1950's. Up until recent months, the average homeowner age was probably around 60. Kman and I noticed this past year, more and more younger couples are moving into the neighborhood - a welcome site. Ownership is always far better than a block full of renters, in my opinion.

Our house has a lot of pasture acreage just behind us, and during all the old & gas frenzy of the Barnett Shale this past year, we were leery that a drilling rig could pop up in our near backyard. About a month ago, we spied the beginnings of a tall wire fence with cedar postings. Curious, we kept tabs on the construction. Kman said it surely was a livestock fence.

Sure 'nuf! Meet one of our new neighbors, Black Beauty! (Though, I believe the horse is a mare.) In total, I have seen three horses in the new pen, the other two are chestnut brown with black manes.

We are ecstatic about the new folks across the fence!


 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: