Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Home on the Range



Star light, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may
I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight...

If you wish for something hard enough, can it come true? Let's hope so.

I know many of my readers, friends, and most family do not see the magic in this picture (click to enlarge more), but I do. Just the sort of setting Kman and I dream about. Don't need anything fancy, just comfortable and in the midst of the beauty that is the Big Lonesome.

Can you imagine waking up to that grand scene every morning? I see a nice deck out back with a real adobe kiva, perhaps like this one, cup of steaming hot coffee and some fresh breakfast burritos dressed up in deep red sashes of homemade salsa.


Might be a woman that's dressed in black
Be a hobo by the railroad track
I'll be gone like the wayward wind one of these days
One of these days it will soon be all over cut and dry
And I won't have this urge to go all bottled up inside
One of these days I'll look back and I'll say I left in time
Cause somewhere for me I know there's peace of mind.


"*One of These Days" - Emmylou Harris

No comments: