Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, September 26, 2005

WHAT'S FOR SUPPER, MAMA?

Stopped by my favorite when-I-am-close-to-payday store, i.e. HEB Central Market, for tonight's supper fixin's. Of course, since it doesn't include french fries or ketchup or chicken, my young stepson will be keening at the dinner table that I am starving him to death.

Bought some fresh cherry tomatoes to marinate in Italian dressing, some fresh asparagus, a big loaf of just-out-of-the-oven ciabatta bread, a tub of Alouette cheese, and a nice juicy sweet whole pineapple that has been cut up and in the refrigerator for dessert.

Found this receipe for my main course.

Not exactly southern cuisine, but tonight we gots culchure...

*WORD for the day is "keening" per Mr. Eloquent Speech, da Fireant.

No comments: