Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My Cousin Matthew

Today was the day. Yes, hell froze over. In Texas. Cowtown.

We are enjoying a rare cold front in July, high today was a cloudy e-i-g-h-t-y -
o-n-e degrees! Yes!

AND, when I got home from work in the Glass Towers of Drudge, what did my draggin' butt behold? Not the water bill, not the electric bill, but EIGHT, count 'em, EIGHT cd's of wonderful, soul-pampering music from my cousin, Matthew. He had emailed me a few days ago telling me he wanted to send me some music, but this, this is a treasure trove of ear candy!

Some names I recognized, some were new, but all were absolutely grand. One in particular has instantly become a "gotta always have" on my cd player:
Madeleine Peyroux. Now, how in the heck did I miss this voice? You just gotta experience this talent.

My next favorite, making my feet crave my red Justin ropers and a sawdust covered floor in Gruene, Texas is Jesse Dayton playing with the Road Kings, and especially on the tune, "Raisin' Cain". Anybody up for boot-scootin at 10 PM on a Wednesday night? I got THE tune, mister!

Other goodies include: Merle Haggard, Jimmy Rodgers (railroad blues man supreme), Toni Price, and Junior Brown. Delicious.

Thank you, Matthew, you have made my day!

No comments: