Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Little Boys and Fishing Poles


Connor Catches the Big One


For background music:That's My Boy

"Dad, why do fish eat minnows? How do they stay on the hook?"

(Connor leaning far over the railing) "Can we see the fish bite the hook? Can he see me?"

"Dad, what's the biggest fish in the world, does he live here?"

"Why don't sharks live in a lake? How does the ocean get full of water?"

"I'm hungry, will ya watch my pole so I can eat a sammich?"

"Dad, do fish eat peanut butter and jelly sammiches?" "Why not?"


Life's simplest pleasures are often everyday events.







2 comments:

Mick said...

Beautiful!

I couldn't come up with better questions if I sat there thinking of them all night!

Elisson said...

I have a lot of sweet memories from when I was about Connor's age, fishing with my Grandma. She was actually a pretty cantankerous old lady, but when she had a fishing pole in her hands, she was sweet as pie.

I'd give anything to have her back, just so I could hear her swear at the drivers on 163rd Street (N. Miami Beach) who got in her way...