Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

All My Rowdy Friends

Today, I wanted to give a shout out to my Herd. They are a great bunch of folks and I have been very fortunate in having their feedback and encouragement. For ease in reading, I have divided the Herd into two batches of posts; tomorrow will round up the rest of the dogies.

David always will make you smile, always make you say ahh! at A Picture's Worth a 1000 Words. Today's photo is no exception. He is a very gracious host, and it is a birthday present everyday when I click over.

Always a fun place to stop in for a visit, today Steve strikes a bonanza with his brain and brawn in a contest of trivia. The man surely knows a wingnut when he sees one. Congrats, Steveo! ( He has gorgeous and mischievious cats, too. Check them out on Fridays.)

Fenster Moop is the guest blogger today over at the 2blowhards. He enlightens us with a history lesson of the real counterculture in the Sixties. Their hearts belong to Dada, indeed. The 2blowhards is always classy, and sometimes way over this cowpoke's head.

Eeksy Peeksy is teaching past and present cartography from his neighborhood in Poland. If you haven't tried his Augury Doggeral yet, you're missing out.

Dave who calls Iraq temporary residence brings reality to a place far away from my safe little world. Fresh insight and awesome photos. And today you can participate in his Nielson study.

Eric, over at the Fireant Gazette is going Einsteinian on me today. Can any TT readers answer his query:

"So, here's my question: what kind of "submunition" would you need to ensure that you don't run into your own ammo at Mach 10? I'm not a munitions expert, but I'd be surprised if there is much ammo with a muzzle velocity of more than 5,000 feet per second, which generously works out to about Mach 4 (60 miles per minute, 3,600 miles per hour, all rounded up). Or does the fact that the ammo is already moving at Mach 10 when it's fired mean that it's really attaining Mach 14?

The man who is never a Fool, George
visits a while with James Earl Jones, and gets really Strange... If you are nice, he might spin you a nice double dactyl - he is quite good at this confusing kind of poetry.

She is very busy right now, but I am hoping to convince Mary at Full Fathom Five to consider being a mentor to me, please? (I have a pirate map to a missing U-boat, pretty please?)

If you wanna get lei'd, then Hokuele'a is the place to hang for wonderful photos of Hawaii and a view of paradise not offered to just any ole mainlander. Get wonderful lessons on ancient Hawaii, and find unique jewelry to drool over.

Michelle
has a great 80's trivia quiz, if you have the time. It is 100 questions long, and I sucked at it. I am eager to see how Michelle will keep us Vinyl spinners challenged.

She's not Mary Poppins,(thank goodness), but Harriet works her own kind of sidewalk chalk magic straight from London Town. Ferry cross the Mersey and be kind to your neighbors.

This guy is one tough hombre (but really a softie when it comes to his daughter) Mick is making more than lemonade with life's little lemons. Hurray for good guys - they always finish first! ( He is also a first rate writer, check out past posts.)

Thanks, fellow Bloggers, for all that you share.

3 comments:

Mick said...

Great descriptions! I'll be checking them all out, one by one.

Thanks for the kind words!

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

thanks for the shout out and as we say " till next time"...A Hui Hou!

Harriet (the fshlady) said...

Big shout out to you too! Lots of british reserved bigups. Yeehaa (in my best texas accent).