Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, October 14, 2024

"THAR SHE BLOGS!"


 I have been procrastinating a return to blogging. A buggy whip to my own backside may be needed (though self-flagellation is highly overrated).  My first obstacle is to lasso a loss of vision acuity which impedes most every damned thing I enjoy.  Fair warning, if  you see a corral full of misspelled words, it may or may not be due to a lack of intelligence.  Wet macular degeneration is the official diagnosis.  And it is basically an unlucky spin of the DNA Wheel of Misfortune.  Even Vanna White in a Bob Mackie gown cannot fix this game.


BUT.  I also have so many advantages to help me navigate a wonderful world.  To be sure, my  frustrations can make me feel ungrateful at times.  I have friends with the same disease and we commiserate often; I am far from alone sadly. 

My daughters are aware the condition is inherited.  I am hoping they never get it. There  are so many great medical advances just around the corner to preserve vision for people with wet or age-related macular degeneration. 

KMan and I moved to the little fast-growing burg of Weatherford, Texas in 2016. My vision loss meant a retirement earlier than I anticipated.  I no longer drive, though I have a valid drivers license; I do believe I could easily navigate driving in daylight and in Weatherford, but I haven't done so. Fear and loathing and all that Dr. Gonzo's disillusionment crap may be in play. Maybe I need a red convertible. *shrug*

Aging is a weird life thing; only the fortunate get to have the experience.  So, bear with me while I get my old sea legs on my Bloggy sailboat and I promise to chart a fun course.  Libations are BYOB and welcome.  And before our next session, please learn the lyrics to "What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor". Did I mention homework was listed in the syllabus?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! i’m so glad to get to learn about you this way!