Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 1963


You should never try to 'read" something from a random photo, but John Connally appears worried and/or fearful.  Johnson has a not-so-flattering smirk on his face.

I was in the fourth grade at Poolville Elementary when President Kennedy was killed. Like anyone else over the age of 5 in 1963, we will all remember.

I still believe Oswald was a patsy and there were some very sinister forces at work that day. Maybe some day our government will give us the truth....

Yeah, and watch for flying monkeys any day now...

3 comments:

Celia said...

Terrible day, terrible times.

Kay Dennison said...

I was a junior in high school and in Algebra II when the announcement came over the P.A. Our teacher sat down at his desk and cried. We got sent home from school and were off for a couple days. It was so sad.

I agree that we really don't know the truth and they'll tell it when hell freezes over.

Joe said...

I was in the crowd in front of the Texas Hotel that morning before Kennedy went to Dallas. My dad took me to see the president speak.
I got to skip school. Later, one of my friends was coming home from school and told me the President was dead. At first I didn't believe him.

I guess that was the end of the innocence for me.