Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Love Peter Tibbles

If you haven't discovered Sunday mornings over at Time Goes By, then today is the perfect time to start a good habit.

Almost a year ago, Ronni(Bennett) invited Peter to host Sunday's at her blog, and I can't wait each week to see what he and his assistant musicologist, Norma, have cooked up for us lucky readers/listeners.

This morning's breakfast burrito is tribute music to various entertainers, including Brigette Bardot, Shelley Winters, Edith Piaf, Johnny Cash, and.....ELVIS.

My favorite of the bunch is the Glenn Cardier composition, "Elvis at the Checkout".

Never heard of Glenn Cardier before now, but I am already hooked by his quirky lyrics and uniquely styled voice.

Oh, Pete, you've done it again!

1 comment:

Peter Tibbles said...

Awww shucks Pattie.
Actually, it's more than a year and a half I've been doing this and maybe two years ago we started talking about it.