Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mummer's Dance




Once upon a time, my daughter was listening to this on a family car trip - long before the advent of iPods. She had a portable cd player with earplugs. I remember being blown away by this song.

What is it about the mysterious northern Shetland Isles of Scotland and the Outer Hebrides? I have always felt a strange kinship whenever I look at photos of these faraway places.

Now Loreena McKennitt is a forever favorite of mine. Sometimes teenagers have terrific taste! Thanks, Larissa!

4 comments:

kenju said...

Those who believe in reincarnation would say that you feel that kinship because you have lived there in a previous life.

Darlene said...

The scenery was just beautiful. I feel like I just had a trip to Scotland.

The lochs are just beautiful and I even enjoyed seeing Nessie.

Thanks for the tour.

Unknown said...

Mom, I love love love that song.. always have.... thanks for bringing back some good memories today -- i truly needed it

Anonymous said...

Scotland is one of the countries that has long been high on my list of places I want to visit -- has always drawn me. This music is hauntingly mysterious and appealing with the spectacular videos serving to reinforce my attraction there.

(note: tried to get identity and email address corrected but blogspot didn't accept so am signing Anony.)

Joared