Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Those Bolly Fab Four

The recent torrid love affair between Hollywood and the Little Indie Film That Could, "Slumdog Millionaire", will probably soon cool just as any cinematic infatuation usually does. Watching the Oscars, I listened to the two nominated songs from the film and something kept nagging at my subconscious.

Why did the "Bollywood" music sound so familiar?

I couldn't place it until KMan began converting our Beatles albums to mp3's. "Help!" was one of those he burned to a cd and listening to the soundtrack gave me one of those great "Aha!" moments.

Yes, it's true...the Fab Four from Liverpool were onto the "Bollywood" sound long before those grandiose Californians proclaimed the music hip.

With some assistance from Ken Thorne, the "Help!" soundtrack and album was (per usual for our mop-topped heroes) way before it's time.

No comments: