Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Another Saga of Dusty and Lefty

I don't know how many of you (a gazillion?) are familiar with Garrison Keillor and his Prairie Home Companion public radio show, but most of his weekly skits usually includes "The Lives of Cowboys with Dusty and Lefty".

Here is a link to listen to a very funny one produced back in 1999.

Ties in great to my post about Things You'll Never Hear in a Western Movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fine piece of literature bound to become an American classic is the tale of "Lonesome Shorty," in Keillor's "Book of Guys." In it, Shorty is a cowboy who doesn't take a real cotton to life on the trail. For example, he packs fine china in his saddle bags.

- Texas T-bone

Annie in Austin said...

That particular episode was still funny, Pattie! I love to listen to Garrison Keillor's reading of the lines but also got a kick out of John C Reilly and Woody Harrelson's interpretation for the Prairie Home Companion movie.

Why do I have a sudden craving for peaches?

Annie at the Transplantable Rose