Wednesday, April 11, 2007
I Think, Therefore I Blog
Janie at Sounding Forth has honored me with a spot in her pick of five bloggers who make her "think". (And I snagged a bit on her own title for this post...)
The Thinking Blog meme originated here, and the rules are thus:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
The problem with this and a lot of meme's - you're always restricted in some form or fashion. I read a LOT of bloggers' stuff that would merit a Thinking Blog nomination - pick from any TT Herd member. But,since I am required to select five, I offer these tremendous bloggers and wonderful people:
1. 2blowhards - Gosh where to start in my praise of these guys and their wonderful commentors? I believe Michael, Donald, and Friedrich, Francis and Fenster wrote the book for this category.
2. Time Goes By - Ronni Bennett can always be counted on to push me to think outside the box and cause me to question all sorts of ideas and concepts. What an excellent teacher she would have been. What "been"? She certainly has taught me much and continues to be a great mentor and even better personal friend.
3. Creek Running North - I was a little late to the game in discovering Chris Clarke's biting, edgy, in-your-face kind of blogging, but I'm hooked. His dog Zeke reeled me in, but I stayed for the refreshing views and writing. Sorrowfully, Zeke has left us, but those of us who are fans of Chris know Zeke's influence is always there.
4. WhiskyPrajer - Darrell Reimer writes one of those blogs that keep you coming back everyday, his personality and his intelligence absolutely shine. And just when you think he has gone all serious and deep thoughts ala Jack Handy, he will sock his delicious sense of humor to ya. Did I mention he has also written a book? Thinker Deluxe.
5. Full Fathom Five - I don't remember how I found Mary Lee Fowler's blog, but it doesn't matter anymore. Her writings and her insight are a constant source of learning for me and I am a better person AND blogger for it.