Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Guardians of Granite

One of my favorite things to do is explore old cemeteries. Always take my camera and occasionally do headstone rubbings. Great places to learn history and discover all sorts of things - some humorous, some sad. Oh, how I wish those old voices could tell their stories to me. In a way, they do if you listen close enough.

Many thanks to Spookyrach for the inspiration and link!

3 comments:

W said...

It's beautiful! The photos are wonderful and the music is a perfect complement. My favorite epitaph has to be "He Sleeps With His Mama." No comment ...

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I love cemeteries and this slideshow is just perfect. Thank you.

Cowtown Pattie said...

W, thanks! Yes, I loved that little headstone epitaph, too. Of course, Kent saw it in a much different light - and guffawed quite loudly. Shouldn't oughta do that in a cemetery ;-)

Claude, thank YOU!