Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Book Update

In November I wrote a review for a children's book, The American Story - 100 True Tales From American History, written by Jennifer Armstrong.

Received this email today from Jennifer:

I'll be in Houston all next week visiting a school; I'm also doing an event at the Blue Willow bookstore at 5:00 on Monday the 29th, and C-SPAN is sending a BookTV crew to tape me there. I'd love to meet any of your readers from the Houston area, if you want to mention this on your blog.


Now's your chance, Houston area bloggers, to get your 15 seconds of fame AND meet a really great children's book author. While you're at it, buy the book for your kids/grandkids.

Heck, you might just come away saying: "History - it's not just for kids anymore!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting. Blue Willow is very close to my house. It is a nice bookstore. Locally owned. Small and cozy.
I wonder which school she is in town for?
I may have to go over and check her out.

Marie said...

Oh, I wish I had read your post earlier. I love the Blue Willow Bookstore. Valerie and her crew are great.

Cowtown Pattie said...

Ladygrande, that's too bad!

Seems like Blue Willow is a wonderful bookstore, though!