Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Lone Star Eats



Ask any Texan about Pecos canteloupes, and she'll tell you they're the best that ever was. So sweet, juicy, I can eat a whole one by myself.

History of Pecos, Texas

M.L. Todd and the history of the Pecos melon

While searching for some tasty canteloupe recipes, I stumbled upon a great Texas food blog: Bill, at The Texas Chef. Stop by and find some yummy stuff!

I once lived in Golden, Colorado when I was just out of high school, and On My Own. Our next door neighbors were from New York. I remember the incredulous look they gave me when I served cantaloupe as part of the supper menu to them one summer Saturday night.

"Cantaloupe is for breakfast, we never heard of anyone eating it with an evening meal!"

Come to think of it, they didn't touch my fried okra, either.

No comments: