Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Introducing: "Travelin' Jones"

Yesterday, I got a nice surprise package in the mail - a gift of two books from my second cousin, "Travelin' Jones". Now, of course, that isn't his real name, but it is his fancy shootin' name when engaged in his passion,Cowboy Action Shooting. Travelin' is no slouch in the competitions and I believe he was ranked 2nd in their last match.

The two books, parts I and II in a series of three from the Rainbows Wait For Rain western trilogy, are signed by the author, Allan C. Kimball, and have limited printings of 500 each. I can't wait to dive into the first, Calamity Creek. The setting for each book is the hauntingly beautiful vista of Big Bend country.


Check out that personal message!

Cousin Travelin' and I were late in coming to know one another - silly in that we both live in Texas. His father and my grandfather were brothers; we share a lot of family lore, and I have always wished we could do more together. Maybe the Kman and I should try our hand at cowboy action shooting! Even if I never shoot a gun, the chance to dress in period costumes and pretend it's 1880 again would be a blast.


Travelin' age 5


Cowboy Travelin' (he is the little fellow in the western regalia). My grandfather is the first man on the far right hand side, and Uncle Ace is third man from the right in this family photo. I believe I am just a gleam in my mother's eye about this time.



Travelin' Jones

Brothers, Willis and Ace.

Thanks, Cousin Travelin', for thinking of me! I owe you one now!

And many thanks to Allan Kimball for the very kind comments personalized on the title pages.

Check here later for a full review!

No comments: