Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Droppin' By...

Life gets in the way of my blog reading at times, so while trying to play catch up with my ever so clever compadres on the blogroll, I discovered some really good stuff:

"Ride 'Em, Cowgirls!" is a must see video clip over at Elisson's place. Be sure to have your speakers up, the sound is part of the experience.

I am still giggling after reading Mary's post about potty training her new pretty boy, Cody. I never know whether I am going to cry or laugh over at Full Fathom Five, but it is never ever dull reading. Thanks for the bellylaugh tonight, Mary, Win and Cody!

And while we're discussing kissable canines, the Big Gold Dog has his day in the sun...and Main Street. Wallace's dog is a such a handsome boy.

Bleak "Dali" Mouse has become quite graphic over at However Coyly. Take a peek (or a few peeps) and be sure to read his new graphic novel, "The Coming of the Red Things". Bleak's writings are very tricky; our blogging mouse is quite the master of sly double entendres.

Dave goes scientific at his place. Just WHO does this kind of research, and for what purpose? Silly scientists. Better question is why such an article would be found in the "Economist"? Is there a monetary equation I missed?

Eric plays movie critic with an excellent post on The Chronicles of Narnia. I was a little iffy on seeing it, but Eric changed my mind! After all, everyone needs a little fantasy now and then...

I am a little late on publicly wishing my favorite Fool a very happy "L" birthday.
Can you guess the answer to his posted riddle? (Hint, think of slimy Gollum)

This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town
And beats high mountain down.

Fred gives us the pleasure of his blog with an audio file on the upcoming marriage of his son. The big date is this week, and Fred is understandably anxious - the weather you know. I wish the new couple many many happy years to come. Mazeltov! ( Fred, you be safe!)

Miss Idgie over at Fried Green 'Maters is a wonderful humorist. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Idge can be found in this interview with Jayne D'Arcy. (Well, almost everything, nice southern girls don't allways tell all, you know!)

A new blogger I've been enjoying, Here, There and Back, has a lovely photo and post about his neck of the Virginia woods. Oh, and pay attention, the Macbean Gene links to a delicious sounding chicken recipe.

I won't give away the clincher, but I just left this comment over at Nothing But Love:
"Good giggling grief! I am seriously paying attention to your little story, looking for "All the President's Men"-like masquerading clues, (the men-in-black mentality), and suddenly I am slammed with a virtual snowball".
Don't cheat yourself readers; start at the top and resist reading the end of the story first. Hilarious stuff, Bill!

Okay, my Prairie Point friend, I give up. Just what IS the mystery photo?

Will catch up with the rest of my homies tomorrow. Too much good stuff, folks! To quote that master of disco sound, K.C.

"Keep it coming, love! Keep it coming, love!
Don't stop it now, don't stop it, no, don't stop it now, don't stop!"

No comments: