Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Hey, Bud, What'Cha Lookin' At?

Remembering KTVT - Channel 11



Even a man who is pure in heart,
And says his prayers by night,
May become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
And the autumn moon is bright.





As a child, nothing scared me more than the old Wolfman movies with Lon Chaney, Jr. I remember sitting in my little child-sized rocking chair after supper at 7:30 pm on a Saturday night (before Main Event Wresting with all the Von Erich boys and announcer, Dan Coates) pulled up close to the screen, and being mesmerized by Gorgon (Bill Camfield) eerily welcoming me to KTVT - Channel 11's Nightmare!. (The above site link is maintained by an old high school alum chum, Kerry Gammill - monsterman artist deluxe.)



And nightmares I surely had after watching Icky Twerp dressed up as the frightening Gorgon. I knew it was really Icky, master of the Slam Bang Theatre, but Nightmare still had me refusing to go to bed with the lights out.




Channel 11 not only had Icky Twerp and Slam Bang Theatre, and Nightmare, it also had early afternoon cartoons with Mickey and Amanda Mudturtle:



And, as I recall, afternoons also had Captain Swabbie, who hosted old Popeye cartoons.

Talk about memories!

No comments: