Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Words From My Gov

Dear Folks,

It's hard to believe that more than ten thousand of you have already signed up to volunteer your help with the campaign. On top of that, thousands more seem to be joining us with each passing week. At first I thought it must be because I was such a charismatic leader. Then I realized, somewhat to my chagrin, that this groundswell from all over the state may not have so much to do with me after all. It has more to do, perhaps, with timing. Simply put, we're tired of this bullshit.

Click here to contribute and help me bring down that bull: http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/contribute.html

That's why, in fact, I'm running for governor. I want to help other people realize their dreams, and I want to be a part of all of us realizing the Texas Dream. It's not about politics; if anything, I'm running against politics and those who toil in its lush, corrupt, rarely rotated fields. I think musicians can better run this state than politicians. Hell, I believe beauticians could run it better than politicians. But I plan to be more than merely a ceremonial ribbon cutter. I intend to bring back the glory of Texas. I'm convinced that, if we all get together, we can knock down that windmill of politics as usual, and we can make that Lone Star shine again.

I'm typing this in the middle of the night on the last typewriter in Texas. My five dogs, the Friedmans, are watching me. They're very excited about the prospect of moving into the Governor's Mansion. They may not know it, but they are one of my two special interest groups, the only other being my fellow Texans. With the support of these two special interest groups, we have already achieved spiritual lift-off. We shall not fail. Together we will rise and shine and bring back the glory of Texas.

Help me make it a reality by clicking here to contribute to our campaign: http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/contribute.html

Love,

The Gov
Kinky Friedman
April 18, 2005
Medina, Texas

No comments: