It is always most humbling to be linked at Tim's "My Stupid Dog" blog, but even worse, I am embarrassed I never saw his red cape for this meme:
1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be? That's easy - the Bible. Got all the trials and tribulations of mankind, and nice sexy bedroom scenes.
2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Oh yeah. Blush. Rhett Butler, of course. OH, and how could I slight Heathcliff? (heart pounding and loins melting).
3. The last book you bought was...? Goodbye to a River, by John Graves.
4. The last book you read was...? Oh dear, do I have to tell? Okay. Saucer by Stephen Coontz.
5. What are you currently reading? Tom Lea's King Ranch (out of publication, this is a loner and I have to be reeeally careful with it. NO reading in the tub, or with chocolate ;-(
6. Five books you would take to a desert island... This is a mean question. I don't think I could pick five, but one would have to be a coffee table picture book of Texas scenes. As the the rest: The Little Prince - by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Little Women - by Louisa May Alcott, Gone With The Wind - by Margaret Mitchell, and last but not least, the Bible. (weird for me, I know).
7. Who are you passing this stick on to and why? Turn about is fair play, so I am sending it onto Eric because he deserves it, and I am really curious. Then onto Ronni at Time Goes By, and for grins to the Fool.
Read Eric's answers here. Thanks guy! We agreed on one of the five book selections, maybe for different reasons, though.