Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Lines, The Lines, It's All about the Lines!

And from the "Play it again, Sam" triva vaults, Tim, author of My Stupid Dog blog, has yet another fun meme to tackle. Tim borrowed the little game from Terry Teachout - 'nuff said. For this meme, kiddies, we will be putting on our Tom Terrific Thinking Caps (picture an upside down funnel cup) and listing our five most favorite lines of dialogue from the Silver Screen. Like Tim, I must stop and think a bit on this and also like my friend, will probably think of a dozen better ones tomorrow, but here goes:

1. "Last night, I dreamt I went to Manderly again" - Rebecca de Winter in Rebecca

2. "Come on, Dover, move ya bloomin' arse!" - Eliza in My Fair Lady

3. "As the good book says, when a poor man eats a chicken,
one of them is sick" - Tevye in Fiddler On the Roof

4. "My dear, since Eve ate the apple, no woman has ever been taken entirely unaware." - Rex Harrison in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

5. "A hickie from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card, when you only care enough to send the very best!" - Kenickie in Grease


Your turn!

No comments: