Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Daughters Who Haiku

Cleaning out her closet this weekend, my youngest cowgirl had tossed a sheet of paper onto the pile of discarded ratpack cullings in the middle of her bedroom floor. I wandered through, my eyes drawn by the familiar lines of haiku and saved these from dying a fiery death at the landfill:

Round and round he spins
the dizziness has kicked in
Rollercoaster rides!

Sharp pain in my knee
a rosebudthorn digs in deep
Again, blood is drawn.

Fear of something. Bad
things in the air deciding
my fate. Pollution!

I see them crawling
all over my hands and feet
OUCH! Bug bite again!

Branches shaking in
violent wind storms, the tree
stands throughout it all

Bright lightning bolts strike!
The funnel destroys the land
Tornado Alley!

She has the blog gene and doesn't know it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! But what else could be expected from the progeny of a blogger such as thee.

Ronni

Anonymous said...

Another Haiku for my beloved Momma...

Mirror, mirror on the wall
What can you recall?
I'M MY MOTHER AFTER ALL!!!

I love you and I am so proud of you!

The youngest Bonzo

Anonymous said...

Its me again...I just realized that my last Haiku post was bass ackwards... I wrote it in 7-5-7 syllable lines. (I suppose my ability to invert things without knowledge could mean that I am a prodigy??? Maybe I don't possess all of your wonderful talents after all. LOL!)

Hokule'a Kealoha said...

those were really good...