Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Death of Kong Revisited

Texas T-Bone has a touching article about the gorilla that escaped from the Dallas Zoo recently. Too bad officials didn't have a tranquilizer gun handy and ready for use. Why wouldn't a zoo keep such a thing readily available for zoo keepers? According to the reporter, the police used deadly force to protect human visitors. I wouldn't want any child or adult harmed by a raging male gorilla, but from what I could tell from the news, the gorilla didn't use as much force as he probably could have. Such a sad thing to happen, both for the animal and the little children frightened out of their wits. Personally, I have never been a fan of the Dallas Zoo - or heck, much of anything that comes out of that big eastern city.

Anyone ever see Mighty Joe Young?

No comments: