Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Small Town News

In an older bedroom community of Cowtown, Haltom City voters have recalled five of their seven city councilmen. Without a quorum, the Mayor is contemplating putting council meetings on hold for 90 days. This article gives you a brief overview of the shakeup. Quite a coup d'etat even for Texas politics. (Besides, I love using French words and "coup d'etat" has the nicest roll off the tongue.) I am hopeful that if Haltom City citizens can get motivated enough to speak out, so will the nation come November. A small ripple here and there could become at least a large breaker, if not a tidal wave. Of course, even I realize that small-town politics can generate more interest than the national variety, but kudos to voters in Haltom City for "cleaning up Dodge". And you did it without Marshall Dillon!

No comments: