Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Give Mr. Shattuck His Hat - Just Don't Toss It On A Bed




The Texas summer sun is brutal and a broad-brimmed hat is not a luxury- it's a necessity when outdoors for any length of time. Kman knows the value of a Texas Toupee and wears his palm leaf hat religiously in the summertime.

Nice thing about palm leaf hats - you can wet 'em and squish 'em and do it all over again tomorrow. Kman prefers a Gus Hat. Anyone with hat savvy knows the real name for that particular type of crease and it is not printable on MY blog - I hate it. "Gus Hat" works just fine.

Lots of younger cowboy wannabes sport what I like to call the Go To Hell Hat - ugly as the day is long, and gives a goofy swaggerin' look to the wearer (go figger - it's Sawyer Brown):



Not exactly the best hat for shade now is it?

Now as much as I love ol' Hank, I can't say the same for his choice of western fedora:




But, here's a performer who really knows how to wear a Texas cowboy hat:



And this is what those Georgia Cowboys all wear - at least one of 'em *grin*:



Last, but never least, I guess this might be representative of what Floridian Cowboys wear ( or maybe a downunda wonda?)

No comments: