Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

When I'm 84!


When I grow up to be 84, I want to be as beautiful as my friend, Millie Garfield!

Here's wishing you a very delightful birthday full of good surprises.

We love ya!

Though the entire poem from Carl Sandburg from whence this quote originates was not quite so pretty, I love these last few lines:

I would rather have been a tall sunflower
Living in a country garden
Lifting a golden-brown face to the summer,
Rain-washed and dew-misted,
Mixed with the poppies and ranking hollyhocks,
And wonderingly watching night after night
The clear silent processionals of stars.

1 comment:

millie garfield said...

Pattie

Thanks for that beautiful birthday cake and those lines from the Sandberg poem.

So lovely!

I love you all too.!