Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

What would you think if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key

At the gentle suggestions of Cop Car and Buffy, I am going to try my hand at quilting. My sewing skills are about as good as my branding skills, but since fabric doesn't bawl or kick when you poke it, I expect my sewing might improve. I might could even beg some help from Cat.

So here's the deal, dear wonderful and supportive readers who obviously are caring, intellectual and beautiful people ( enough groveling?): I would love to have my blogging buddies create an individual square for a blogger's friendship quilt. Guys, this means you, too. If Joe Namath can wear pantyhose on national TV, then you, too, can free your own soul to explore your feminine side. It doesn't have to be fancy or difficult. Some friendship quilts are simple names embroidered across a piece of muslin. You can use embroidery or even permanent Magic Markers. I have also seen very lovely appliques and the new techniques of picture transfers. I am thinking the finished square size will be 6" x 6" ( allowing for seams, the raw cut size of the square would be 6.5" x 6.5")( NOTE: have corrected the size; thanks, Tricia!) Whatever your choice, it will mean a lot that it came from your heart. If you care to join posterity (please!) then send me an email or leave a comment.

I haven't selected a pattern per se, but I think I will concentrate on colors like: Aged Barn Red


Palomino Tan and Antique White


With perhaps a touch of Lone Star Blue



I really like this pattern, a lot more creative and it allows you, the creator, to use a simple muslin square, then it can be framed with another piece of fabric in the chosen color scheme.

No comments: