Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, January 25, 2010

"The Feasting"

Bloggy friend and brainiac, Stu, has composed a short short story at his place entitled "The Feasting".

A mini Alfred Hitchcock revisitation to ...The Birds. Very neatly packed into 150 terrific words.

That movie always scared the beejeebers out of me. Still to this day, whenever there is a big gathering at dusk of those pesky large black grackles, I get an uneasy feeling. More than one person in the parking lot where such flocks congregate have made the same mental connection to Hitchcock. One of those movies you just don't forget.

Ornithophobia, anyone?

Ol' Phat Stu is serving...

6 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

LOL Priceless!!!!

K. said...

Nobody likes grackles. They're the ornithological equivalent of Rush Limbaugh.

la peregrina said...

Well done. :)

Chancy said...

I get the willies just thinking of "The Birds" Scary, scary movie.

Greenhuntingcat said...

Wow that is a scary story--the terror is packed into a few words, as you said...

Anonymous said...

Grackles are better than European Starlings, any day - lol!

Somehow "scary" stories and movies usually strike me as "silly" rather than "scary". What can I say?
Cop Car