Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

And the Rest of the Wild Bunch...

To complete a shoutout to my Herd, tonight wraps up the drive:

Kimberly, whose music I am hoping to hear someday soon, either in person or via Blogger, has wonderful stories to tell at Music and Cats. Her very brave and brilliant hubby, Paul, also runs with this Herd, over at Ratiocination. His political savvy makes me feel like a rube. Thankfully, I have his blog to keep me up to snuff on the Beltway happenings.

A lady who I wished was my across-the-street-neighbor, Millie is so sweet and funny. How could you not love someone who skipped school to hear Glenn Miller and his orchestra?

There's nothing anywhere near stupid about Tim's blog, My Stupid Dog (come to think of it, I've never seen a dog, either). Tim is a champion for individual rights, and a heck of an arts critic as well. We don't always see eye to eye, but he keeps me on my toes.

This self-described urban hipster hippie mama is such a refreshing voice. One of my first blogs to read, I followed her lead and never told her how much she taught me. Thank you, Nina. She will wrench your heart out one day, and have you spewing coffee all over your screen the next. Speaking of coffee, she is a java connoisseur deluxe, so never, ever confess to drinking instant. And she has secrets. *smile*

For the most beautiful photos of bugs you will ever see, Notes from an Eclectic Mind can't be beat. Rana has helped me out of several computer and website related log jams at work, and her writing is just as superb as her amazing camera shots. Right now she could use some cyberhugs as her best pal, Riff, is not faring so well even with the vet's help.

Nothing But Love is a 21st century Ozzie and Harriet version of family. Bill and Stacey have retained what was good about our shared hippie era, and blended it with big dollops of common sense and humor - lots of droll humor is Bill's specialty. Visit The Kitchen blog while you're there for some recipes you'll lie and claim your own when the compliments roll in.

Elusive and mysterious, One Pot Meal is how I aspire to compose. I delight in the whimsy and originality of this blogger's writings. Although One Pot's everyday face is still an enigma to me, I find it part of the allure. Really good writing.

Smooth Stone is always a place where I can learn. The viewpoints are not for the fainthearted, or for those who wear their feelings on their sleeves. We don't always see things from the same perspective, but I admire the honest feelings Smooth expresses.

My fellow statesman and blogger extraodinaire, Texas T-Bone has my heart. He is the genuine thing, a good ole boy. His love of family shows with every keystroke, and who would doubt it with monikers like "Petite filet" and "Cutlet" for family members. T-Bone is a for real journalist, too, and a credit to his craft.

A Texan in heart if not by birth, Ronni who writes at Time Goes By, is a special person. She has seen and done more than I could accomplish in two lifetimes, yet she is the most down-to-earthy woman I know. My life is richer because of her acquaintance, albeit a distant one in physical miles. I see New York through her eyes, and soak in the ambiance of that great city. Her alter-ego, "Miss Crabby", is a hoot, but mind your manners when addressing her!

Last but most definitely not least, Tod,who speaks his mind and his heart, is one of my longest read blogs. A dedicated dad, with two very precious sons, he weaves wonderful tales of his past, his present and his future. He, too, can claim Texas as home. It never leaves your blood, does it, Tod? Although our lives couldn't be more different, we share an esprit de corps of family and country. A very talented renaissance man with imagination and a cool sense of suave, Tod always intrigues.

That's the roundup, and I see lots of happy trails in our futures!

2 comments:

Editor said...

Thank you, Pattie, and I do indeed claim Texas as my first home!

Smooth said...

Thank you Pattie. I appreciate the kind words. BTW, I'm a naturalized Texan, thru marriage. I love Texas and would move there in a second.