Who Is Cowtown Pattie?

My photo
I was Lillie Langtry in another life, and might have a crush on Calamity Jane.

Monday, August 23, 2004

Lolita and Lothario



Miss Nina poses the question, "Is There Sex After Motherhood" with her blog on 2004-08-20, and gives quite the definitive answer. Nina, who values strong relationships much like myself, is exploring territory that needs an honest discussion forum. I admire her openness and willingness to share her thoughts on this side of our feminine mystique. Ronni, at Time Goes By, is opening doors with conversations of sexuality in terms of aging. Something we all face eventually. It is comforting to know you aren't jumping hurdles alone in the dark. Thanks, ladies.

I always thought of MY generation (middle of the strata baby boomer) as being the era of the sexually liberated. HA! We were kindergarten students of love compared to modern day Lolita and Lothario, two American kids doin' the best they can. Oh, yeah.

As I expressed in an email today to Ronni, I never felt comfortable parenthesizing love out of the horizontal mambo equation. Oh sure, Woodstock, free love and no commitment were the watchwords of the late 60's and early 70's, but I never rode in that Volkswagon ( I might have if I wasn't always concerned more about being the Good Girl). A daughter of the bible belt knows from the cradle that kind of lascivious behavior will never earn you a get-in-free ticket from Saint Peter's (although it might have won you front row seats at a Led Zepplin concert). Baptists know all about lustful sinning, yes indeedy.

And so, Pattie always put out with her heart first; a testing of the libido waters for depth. Fortunately for me, just when mine needed a transplant, I found someone with whom I can still enter The Gates ( or my version of the hereafter if there is any) AND listen to Robert Page on an iPod simultaneously - no easy feat these days.

Newfound love and a soulmate are Sammy Cahn lyrics everyday:


When somebody loves you, you feel it in your heart
When somebody loves you, you know it from the start
Every kiss becomes more than a kiss
Each look, each touch they mean so much
And that's when you discover how it feels to be a lover

When somebody loves you, it shows in every smile
When somebody loves you, your life becomes worthwhile
Always caring, always sharing everything you do
When somebody loves you like I love you

Aging may change a few bedtime positions, but true love never dies unless you forget to feed it. That's why from now on, there will be cookie crumbs in my bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never said anything about taking love out of it! The best sex comes from love, I've always said that--just look back through my archives at when I was madly in love with J. That post you link to was just the *start* of the things I want to say about sexuality, there will be more! The love factor is important, I absolutely agree with you. And you are blessed and very lucky, my friend, to have found your soul mate.
nina

Cowtown Pattie said...

You are right. My apologies to you, Nina, and our mutual readers. Perhaps my choice of wording at 11 PM last night was not the best. You are an inspiration to me, always, with your humor and your ability to make lemonade.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the best sex is with someone you are in love with. Without love, it's kinda like dry bread, just sex. With love, it ain't sex, it's making love. I have been truly in love with two women in my life. Good thing I married the last one or I would be an unhappy, unsatisfied fellow now.

gowain